Valentine’s Week is right around the corner, beginning with Rose Day on 7th February.
Lovers, brace yourselves! Valentine’s Week is about to kickstart from 7th February, beginning with Rose Day. Red Roses have been used as a symbol of love, romance, and affection for thousands of years. We have collected the top 50 quotes on Rose Day to send to your loved ones and delight them!
According to Greek Mythology, roses are said to have been created by Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess of Love when her tears watered the ground along with the blood of her ill-fated love Adonis.
The association of love and romance can also be found in Hindu mythology. Goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, fortune, power, luxury, beauty, fertility, and auspiciousness, and the wife of Lord Vishnu, is said to have been created by Lord Vishnu using 108 large and 1,008 small rose petals. The love between Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi is known far and wide, and thus the association of roses with love and romance was established in the Eastern World.
Lovers around the world shower their partners with red roses on this special day. Along with roses, they wish their significant others using sweet rose day messages. We have a list of quotes on rose day for you to send to your loved ones!
Here are the top 50 quotes on Rose Day that you can send to your loved ones via SMS, Messages, and Whatsapp –
- “My love is like a rose divided into two, the leaves I give to others, but the rose I give to you.”
- “Even if love is full of thorns, I’d still embrace it for I know that in between those thorns, there is a rose that’s worth all the pain.”
- “If love were what the rose is,And I were like the leaf, Our love would grow together, In sad or sighing weather.”
- “A rose is a symbol of my love for you. Its petals shine in beauty, its thorn show its pain.”
- “Have you ever watched a rose as it fades away; the color becomes deeper as the petals dry. That’s how my love for you deepens as the days go by.”
- “Long live the rose that grew from the concrete when no one else ever cared.”
- “Just remember, during the winter, far beneath the bitter snow, that there’s a seed that with the sun’s love in the spring becomes a rose.”
- “Love is like a rose. When pressed between two lifetimes, it will last forever.”
- “Friends are the roses of life… pick them carefully and avoid the thorns!”
- “There may be many flowers in a man’s life, but there is only one rose.”
- “If I could have a rose for every time I thought of you, The world would be empty of them.”
- “Why does a rose represent love…..when a rose always dies?”
- “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”
- “The red rose whispers of passion, and the white rose breathes of love; O, the red rose is a falcon, and the white rose is a dove; but I send you a cream-white rose bud, With a flush on its petal tips; for the love that is purest and sweetest, has a kiss of desire on its lips.”
- A life filled with love, must have some thorns, but a life empty of love will have no roses.”
- . “The fragrance of the rose, remains on the hand that gives it.”
- “Men are like roses, watch out for the pricks!”
- “True love is not without pain, like that of thorns in your side. Yet love is like the rose in full bloom, beautiful and full of life.”
- “The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.”
- “Rose are red; violets are blue; when I think of you, my writing comes out corny.”
- “Love is sweeter than any rose. Love pricks you far deeper than any thorn.”
- “I gave my blood to keep your roses red.”
- “Love is like a rosebud, it can blossom fully, or it can die softly.”
- “Love is like a rose; blinded by its beauty you overlook the thorns.”
- “If you have found the one you love then you have found the rose in a forest of thorns.”
- “You can complain because a rose has thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have a rose.”
- “I am a rose; you are my thorns, clutching and protecting me.”
- “Love is a rose: beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.”
- “In love, the hard times will surely call, and no lover is without their flaw. But you must have rain to see the rainbows, and endure the thorns to have the rose.”
- “If you stand in front of a mirror with 11 roses, you’ll see 12 of the most beautiful things in the world.”
- “You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.”
- “If love is a rose, I have found my bouquet.
- “Life is like a rose, peeping through the hardships of life to bloom with color.”
- “I’ll fly you on a cloud of rose petals just to let you feel how soft your love makes me feel.”
- “She who loves roses, must be patient and not cry out when she is pierced by thorns.”
- “I had a rose, but fate took it away and gave me a whole bouquet instead.”
- “There is no difference between roses and people, both have different colors, different smells and both die.”
- “I give you these flowers as a sign of true love. A sign that I love you, does that say enough? Those flowers represent my feelings, my feelings for you.. I still have all of those feelings but I don’t know what to do..”
- “Let me give you a dozen roses…… 11 real and 1 fake …… I will love you until the last rose dies……
- “True love is like little roses, sweet, fragrant in small doses.”
- “When love came first to earth, the Spring spread rose beds to receive him.”
- “If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears.”
- “A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses.”
- “Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.”
- “A life filled with love, must have some thorns, but a life empty of love will have no roses.”
- “Love is a rose, but you’d better not pick it, only grows when it’s on the vine. Handful of thorns and you know you’ve missed it. Lose your love when you say the word mine.”
- “A relationship is like a rose. How long it lasts, no one knows.”
- “A woman is like a rose…If you take good care of her, you will see love blossom.”
- “There may be many flowers in one’s life…but only one rose.”
- “Love and a red rose can’t be hid.
We wish you and your partner a happy rose day!
Note – This is a collection of top 50 quotes for Rose Day curated using different sources.
Easy Related Posts
14 VALENTINES DAY DINNER IDEAS FOR THE ROMANTIC YOU Valentine's Day is just around the bend, ...read more
Here’s the Valentine’s Week List 2020 The month of February has a special significance to millions ...read more